You just bought a nice, new, shiny cell phone, now what? It’s time to protect it and find a great case! There are hundreds of cell phone cases to choose from, so narrowing the selection down is a challenge. The process can take a long time because of all the options. What material? What color? To bling or not to bling? The options are endless. So, to help, below are three main features to look for when purchasing your next cell phone case.
- Material: There are several cell phone case materials to choose from. Your lifestyle and phone use can dictate which material is best for you. Are you a fashionista who changes cases with every outfit, or a construction worker whose phone as been run over by a dozer a few times? Below, are some examples of different material options:
- Plastic: You can find plastic phone cases in just about every color and design. With this material, you will need another form of protection in order to create a cushion around your phone.
- Synthetic Rubber and Silicone: This material is a great upgrade to plastic. It is soft and flexible. It is a good alternative to the more expensive materials. This is the best choice for those of us who are very rough on our phones.
- Leather: You will find this more with the wallet or purse pouches. While it is a good protector from scratches and looks classy, it is not great for falls.
- Carbon Fiber: This more expensive material is very durable and lightweight. However, there are few color or design options.
- Access to Controls:When selecting a cell phone case make sure to be aware of your controls that surround the phone. You want easy access to your connection ports and volume controls. No matter how much you may love a specific case, never buy a case that does not match your model because this will usually block important functions such as, speakers and camera.
- Screen Protection: Cracked screens are the most common cell phone repair needed. How many times have you cracked your screen? Myself, about one time too many!Consider this when shopping for your next case. Look for a case that has a screen protector as a built-in feature. If you desire a certain color, or design that does not have screen protection, be sure to purchase a separate screen protector to go along with the case. They are very inexpensive and well worth it!
There are many things to consider when buying a cell phone case. The above features can assist you in finding the right one. Checkout our huge selection at www.unlimitedcellular.com.